During my long career in the music and entertainment business, I have recorded six (6) full album projects; one in Australia; one in Ft. Smith, Arkansas; three in Nashville, Tennessee; and one in Orlando, Florida.
Since signing with Tate Music Group (TMG Records) in Mustang, Oklahoma (a boutique, well connected, state-of-the-art, and contemporary major record label who has been signing many seasoned Country and Gospel artists who have been experiencing a renaissance in their careers; one of whom is yours truly)…..three (3) of my album projects have been re-worked, re-released, and re-marketed, and re-distributed worldwide. They are: “Going Home”, “Classic Country”, & “Undeniably, Scott Carter”. All three are available to the international public for purchase; digital downloads or physical CD’s.
The last three are presently ‘in the works’ and will be re-released, re-marketed, and re-distributed worldwide on the TMG label late Spring or early Summer 2016! They are: “Good News”, “Scott Carter’s Greatest Hits”, & “Best of Scott Carter”! Stay tuned!
Here is a quick synopsis of all 6 of my album projects:
!. “Good News”. My very first album project recorded in Perth, West Australia in the late 1970’s in the heat of the revolutionary ‘Jesus Movement’. It is a full blown, Gospel album (more specifically, ‘Jesus Movement Gospel’ album). “Good News” refers to the Gospel…and, it was recorded at Sweetcorn Recording Studio in downtown Perth. And, yes, the backing vocals were done by the studio’s own, ‘Cornflakes’! During this time in my career, I was one of the Top 3 Contemporary Christian Recording Artists in Australia; and, I opened for and worked with many of the legends of that era; Honeytree, Jamie Owens-Collins, Randy Mathews, Mike Warnke, Barry McGuire, Cliff Richard, and others. I think you will really enjoy this album!
2. “Going Home”. My second album project recorded in Ft. Smith, Arkansas in 1988. It features some of Arkansas’ best musicians and is a collection of country, gospel, inspirational, & patriotic songs. These were some of the most requested songs by friends, fans, & family as I toured and performed around the world back then. I believe you will probably sing along with me when listening to this album!
3. “Scott Carter’s Greatest Hits”. My third album project (initially entitled, “Feed The Children”) was recorded in Nashville at Chelsea Studios and Hilltop Studios in 1990. It was literally shipped to every Country and Country-friendly Radio Station in the world and garnered rave reviews from radio and the music industry, in general. It ended up yielding 4 charted singles in Country Music and 1 in Gospel Music; both in the USA and overseas! Additionally, it was nominated for many Music Industry awards. And, the song, ‘Feed The Children’ received so much international attention, it led to my being nominated for and winning “Entertainer of the Year – International” at the 1996 Academy of Independent Music Awards Show in Nashville! I am sure you will fall in love with the heart-felt, common-man, salt-of-the-earth songs on this album!
4. “Classic Country”. My fourth album project was recorded in Nashville in 1992 at both Chelsea Studios and Hilltop Studios and features many of Nashville’s best musicians and the backing vocals were done by the Carol Lee Singers from the Grand Ole Opry (who also sang backup on my ‘Greatest Hits’ album). It truly is traditional, classic country music at its best. Some of the songs from this album project, over the past 2 years, have garnered a lot of radio airplay in Australia and New Zealand! One listen, and I know you will connect with these pure, down home, country music tunes!
5. “Undeniably, Scott Carter”. My fifth album project was also recorded in Nashville in 1996 at Reflection Studio and was produced by one of Nashville’s legendary producers who has worked with the “Who’s Who” in Music City, over the years. Some of the players (musicians) who worked with me on this project are CMA Award winners and/or have toured with many of Country & Pop’s top acts! Cash Box Magazine approached us a couple of years ago and wanted to review the album, so we sent them a copy. They gave us 4 out of 5 stars and wrote, “…we would put this album up there with Tim McGraw & early Garth Brooks…”! Wow! What an honor! And, this album/CD was shipped to every Country and Country-friendly radio station in the world during 2012 and 2013. This resulted in my doing numerous live, in person or live via phone interviews with multi-media outlets all over the world! I truly believe you will enjoy this unique album project whose genre has been described as “Rock and Blues Country”!
6. “Best of Scott Carter”. My sixth album project is a compilation album/CD which features 21 of my best songs from all of the albums. It was re-worked, edited, and re-mastered in Orlando, Florida in 2001. The name speaks for itself!
So…there you have it, my friends!
And…as always, thank you from the bottom of my heart for your continual love and support!
Love & God Bless,